This week has felt so summery! I love lemonade and its always so nice and refreshing in the summer! So here is a delicious recipe for homemade blueberry lemonade!
2/3 cup of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon zest (the zest of 1 lemon)
1/2 cup of Blueberries
2/3 cup of water
1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups of ice or water
3 cups of sparking water or club soda
1) Add the sugar, lemon zest, blueberries and water to a small saucepan.
2) Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Once boiling leave to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the blueberries soften.
3) Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve. Leave the blueberry syrup mixture to cool.
4) If you using ice, add the fresh lemon juice, ice, and blueberry syrup to a large blender and blend until smooth. If your using water you can just mix the lemon juice, water and ice together.
5) When you are ready to drink add the sparkling water or club soda and enjoy. If your not going to drink it all at once keep the lemon mixture separate from the club soda/sparking water in the fridge.
Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed! What is your favourite summer drink?
Bye for now, see you next week!